Apr 11, 2017
Top Percussion Ensembles to Perform in SCPA Championship Finals
WHEN: Saturday, April 15, 2017
WHERE: Citizens Business Bank Arena
WHAT: 2017 Southern California Percussion Alliance Championship Finals
WHO: Top High School and Independent percussion ensembles from across the southwestern United States compete in championship.
Local middle school, high school, and collegiate ensembles competing include:
Riverside Community College, Ayala HS, Chino Hills HS, Arcadia HS, Diamond Bar HS, South Hills HS, West Covina HS, Chino HS, Etiwanda HS, Chaffey HS, Canyon Hills JHS, and Townsend JHS.
- Event will run from 10:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. on Saturday, April 15, 2017.
- Tickets range from $25-$50. Tickets are available for purchase through the CBBA Website or in-person at the CBBA box office during normal business hours, which can be located on the website.
- This is the second largest percussion competition in the United States (second only to the World Championships held in Dayton, OH each year)
- Many of the top ensembles at this event will advance to the WGI World Championships held in Dayton, OH from April 20th through the 22nd. Several of the groups competing this weekend are serious contenders for the title of “World Champions” in two weeks.
- The Southern California Percussion Alliance (SCPA) exists to promote the growth of the percussive arts through competition, performance and educational activities, and to encourage goodwill, good sportsmanship, and camaraderie through such activities.
- For more information visit us at www.sc-pa.org
About CITIZENS BUSINESS BANK ARENA:
Citizens Business Bank Arena, built and owned by the City of Ontario, operated by SMG, includes 9,500 fixed seats with additional “portable” seating risers to accommodate capacities of 11,089 for concerts, 9,736 for ice hockey or arena football and 10,832 for basketball. The 225,000 square foot venue features 36 luxury suites located on two levels and a continuous concourse hosting a variety of refreshment stands, merchandise kiosks, a VIP club and other fan amenities. Citizens Business Bank Arena hosts ice hockey, arena soccer, arena football, and a variety of other sporting competitions, concerts, family shows, special events, conventions, school and community activities as well as private events. The Arena is home to Ontario Reign, an AHL Hockey Team and Ontario Fury, a Major Arena Soccer League Team. Citizens Business Bank Arena is the biggest and most modern arena within the Inland Empire, an area with over 4.2 million people. It is located in the City of Ontario, on a 37-acre parcel located between Haven Avenue and Milliken Avenue, Fourth Street and the I-10 Freeway. For more information and future updates please visit: CBBankArena.com.
SMG turns 40 in 2017! Celebrating its 40th anniversary and founded in 1977, SMG provides management services to 233 public assembly facilities including convention and exhibition centers, arenas, stadiums, theaters, performing arts centers, amphitheaters, equestrian facilities, science centers and a variety of other venues. With facilities across the globe, SMG manages more than 15 million square feet of exhibition space and more than 1.5 million sports and entertainment seats. As the recognized global industry leader, SMG provides venue management, sales, marketing, event booking and programming, construction and design consulting, and pre-opening services for such landmark facilities as McCormick Place & Soldier Field in Chicago, Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, Houston’s NRG Park and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. SMG also offers food and beverage operations through its concessions and catering companies, currently serving more than 140 accounts worldwide. For more information visit www.smgworld.com.